technology + thursday evenings + countering the effect of caffeine ... even steven!

Jul '16 - flowers at a Blues joint
How in the world have I made it to this point in civilization where I can be futzing about with no less than ... (MBA, Asus, Acer, Dell Opti, Dell XPS, N6P, PS3, Toshiba, T61P, Gateway, HP tablet PC, HP tablet, iPad, two bluetooth speakers ...) a dozen 'technology objects', not counting the (glances at the desk in the p.en - 4TB, 2TB, 3TB, 120GB, 16x2, Peter, Nikon, PNY128, Lex16, red and blue 4gb, Linux sticks x2 (thanks Boomer) ... oh wait - the micro SD cards - um, 4 of those, 2, 4, 16, 128?) dozen plus 'technology storage' devices.

With this much power, how come I'm incredible disorganized?
How can I find the path to where all the new and shiny machines have REPLACED the old busted stuff? Do I need a windows XP machine? Do I?? Really?? GAh ...

Though, of note, that machine has a 120GB hard drive; so I attached my spare 1TB external drive and am dragging over 30GB of ... stuff.

Saw my pics folders from 2009. Noted that I have AIM installed on that machine.
OneNote also - so there's that for consistency at least.
That machine is 10 years old, having been a wedding present to myself. Oh how smart I thought I was being. Sigh.
Jun '00 - two adventurers who were NOT eaten by the pacific ocean!

So tonight's post is for Terry - the rugged good lookin' fellow above, left.
T-dog got to see a super secret work center that Disney had up and running in 2000.

'03? - good times, redonodo - the OC!!

It had - wait for it - a 2 terra-byte RAID server - it was for digital animation (Bug's life? Ants? Something like that...) - sooooo impressive for the turn of the century.

'03 - Terry doing things he wanted to do

T-dog, I hope life is treating you wonderfully, wherever you are. And as for technology, is it wrong that I kinda ache for a mountain cabin? Hmmm...

be good, love your friends and family, listen to good music.

ciao,
:: s :: | vivere militare est |
"Keep Calm and Carry On" or "Keep Calm ... and Cupcakes!"


[10:03p + 4Aug2016 = Thursday eve || "Shaking the Tree" from Peter Gabriel]

Comments