of todays, tomorrows, and the importance of being

"keep moving" - ~Oct 2012, durhamtown
from the calm of a Monday in the cubicle I get a poke from my Google Calendar.
huh.
as a man of dates I had to laugh at how completely off my radar today was, and frankly it's a lovely example of ... convergence! no - transference! wait - interference? projection? fuck...

So I dug through a few albums, had to revisit the Calendar note to get the year right.
the notes also indicates that our friends helped out with Boo.
I recall that was a hard dark time.
apparently I made grilled cheesys as a way to show love.
that's changed a bit now - grilled quesadillys & ... well,
Love.

pure joy, resting - ~Sep 2017, Hobbit House
It is seriously astounding the places in my heart, in my soul that this wee one takes/brings me.

//Good Life - Francis Dunnery - Scrubs Soundtrack // ah, touche Universe. //

the places I've gone in life are piling up under the label 'interesting'
We had a moment, went camping, then from possible joy (Kimmy on the phone) to a really really really bad moment or three months.
good sir Trav watching out for us - ~oct 2012, Hobbit House

so we stumbled onward - forward, not fetal - and I doodled and tried to capture the loss of ... joy? of hope? of ...
Well, something big, something important.
setting aside those feels,I focused, and worked at making Boo ok.
because she didn't deserve the pain, the hell.
she deserved a good life.

it was fall, there was grilled cheese and tomato soup - oct 2012, Hobbit House
and so we trod along. Not sure, not anti-sure. Just ... as. "Pooh just is"
Good times, trying times, and then 'well, here we are again' - and that's been kinda amazingly disorientating. Don't think I've pondered the alt where-in Tomorrow turns 5 next spring. Huh. I'm sure that would be something indescribable.

// as a note on the tunes playing as I write this: I recall I screamed them quite a bit lo those years ago - Beautiful World - Colin Hay - Scrubs Soundtrack, Are you Having A Good Time by Leroy from Scubs ... //

I get to respond to the genuine social-ness of 'how's things? how's the baby?" here at work - and when that happens I get to step right back into the joys (and challenges) that Today holds for us.
All the perspectives have shifted even though I forget, finding myself on the habitual path; it's not where I am, any longer.

In noting that as we adapt to his latest challenge (or re-assertion re: sleep and timing and 'nope' ... sigh) we succeed just in time to have things change (hello rolling over baby. it's called Velcro). It's all the same, it's all so totally different.

I ran, I burned, I graduated, we cried and cried and cried. Joys around us kept us smiling, chaos around us kept us wary - 5 years is a bit of time, much has changed much has stayed the same, but different. 
of love, of happiness, of awesomeness. Rumbly's got a pretty decent Ma, I'd say - Boo, ~fall 2012, durhamtown
Love
it's pretty damn important in our lives.
I'm incredibly lucky to have so much, and have those whom I can love onto.

His name is Stephen. He literally is Today, the incarnation of Tomorrow for me.

Tomorrow arrived and with it all sorts of hope and joy and happy. ~Sep 2017, Hobbit House

I hope you have lots of love in your life. That you have joy. That in the painful times, the dark times, the lost times, you persevere (even if by accident) - listen to music and play it very loud. shout and cry and fury - whatever it takes to make it through the night.

If you need a hug I know a wee lad who'll grab your ear if you're especially lucky.

ciao,



//2:29p + 25Sep2017 = Monday afternoon || M.I.A. Paper Planes (via a GMusic playlist titled '17|08 Aug Home' //

Comments